This organization shall be known as the Southern California Repeater and
Remote Base Association, hereinafter referred to as SCRRBA.
This organization has been formed for the following purposes:
- To create interest in Amateur Radio communication, Education, and
improve the state of the art.
- To collect and disseminate technical and operational information among
the members and the Amateur Community.
- To help achieve solutions to problems through the collective talents
within the organization.
- To recommend and coordinate operational frequencies and technical
standards for repeater and remotely controlled stations operating in the
Southern California region, on the 10 meter, 6 meter 75 centimeter, and
all higher amateur bands. This region is generally south of a line running
east and west through the Tehachapi Mountain range.
- To establish a representative voice in the determination of Rules
affecting Amateur Relay.
- To provide assistance and services to surrounding Coordinating Groups
where RF overlap occurs.
- To act as a mediator when two Stations have difficulty resolving their
problems and request the Associationís assistance.
- Officers of the Association shall be:
- The Chairman and Treasurer of the Association shall be elected from
within the representatives and shall be responsible to the membership for
the faithful performance of the duties of their offices.
- The Secretary of the Association shall be appointed by the Chairman and
shall be responsible to the membership for the faithful performance of the
duties of the office.
The owner or authorized representative from any licensed Amateur Repeater
or Remotely Controlled Station whose station operates within the frequency
bands coordinated by SCRRBA is eligible for Membership.
- DUES AND ASSESSMENTS
- The dues for membership in SCRRBA shall be ten dollars ($10.00) per year
for each member, which shall be due and payable upon application for
membership and shall be presented at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- The Fiscal Year for SCRRBA shall be from January first to December
- Assessments which have been approved by the Association are due and
payable within thirty (30) days after written notice of assessment action
by the Association.
- No vote shall be valid or binding unless there is a quorum present.
- A quorum is at least 50% of the membership of the Association,
represented either directly or via written proxy.
- Voting shall be conducted by a Roll Call and/or Mail Ballot.
- Only Members whose dues are paid shall be eligible to vote.
- Only Members who hold valid frequency coordination issued by the
Association shall be eligible to vote.
- Each Member shall have one (1) vote.
- The Association shall have at least one Regular Meeting per year.
- Special meetings may be called by the Chairman of the Association, or
upon written request of 25% of the members entitled to vote.
- Technical Committee
- Members of the Technical Committee shall be appointed by the Chairman
of the Association.
- The Technical Committee may elect, from within itself, a Chairman.
- All information obtained by the Technical Committee shall be contained
wholly within the Technical Committee.
- The Chairman shall be an ex officio member of the Technical Committee.
- Other Committees
- All other Committees shall be formed as necessary, and a Chairman
selected by the Chairman of the Association.
- The Chairman of the Association shall be an ex officio member of all
- BYLAW AMENDMENTS
Subject to the Quorum limits of Section VI A and B, the Bylaws may be
amended by a majority vote of those present and eligible to vote at a Regular
or Special Meeting, provided that appropriate notification of intent to amend
the Bylaws was included in the meeting notice.